I'm just tickled pink to have received my very first blog award! If you can't tell, I'm jumping up and down while doing a happy dance :) A huge thank you and big hug goes out to Jessica at My World Made By Hand for selecting lil' ole' me for this awesome award! Be sure to check out her blog. She has some pretty great stuff there.
There are rules to accepting this award and here they are:
- Thank and link back to the person(s) who awarded you with this award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Award 15 recently discovered bloggers.
- Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
So, now that I have thanked Jessica at My World Made By Hand, I'll get on with the other items.
A few things you may not know about me are:
1. I have been married to the most wonderful husband in the whole wide world for 8 years now. His name is Chris and he is the most kind, generous, and thoughtful man you'll ever meet (of course I'm a tad bias). He does an awesome job taking care of me, he is starting to become more romantic and even helps out with the cooking and cleaning! He is just too good to me!
2. I am an identical twin. We look pretty much the same except my sister is 2 inches taller than me. I love her to death and we have always been best friends. And to answer your question, we did switch with each other in school once. We ended up getting found out because both of us wrote the same name on our school work! We never did it again...we were good girls, not now but back then we were :)
3. I am a proud Mommy to our new puppy, Princess Abby. She is a Shichon, a Shih-Tzu/Bichon designer breed. We got Princess Abby to help me heal from the loss of my Golden Retriever, Precious who was my best friend that we lost almost 2 years ago. Princess Abby has helped me in ways I never thought possible and I am glad to say that I am beginning to heal. She gives me a bazillion kisses everyday which I love! She is 4 months old today and weighs 6 lbs now. She will only weigh 10-11 lbs when she is full grown which is the perfect size for me right now.
4. You may not know this but I suffer from depression as well as fibromyalgia. I have had both conditions for quite some time and am getting better each day but sometimes they keep me down in the dumps and that keeps me away from my blog and doing the things I enjoy. I hope y'all will be patient with me because of this.
5. You may not have guessed this but my favorite color is pink! Not that I have a ton of pink on my blog so I bet you wouldn't have known it :)
6. This last August for my birthday I decided to do a VersaSpa spray tan. It was the first time I had done the VersaSpa and if you don't know what it is I'll explain. It's a spray tanning unit that you get into and it sprays you 4 times. For each spray you have to do a specific position like facing the sprayer, turning to the right, turning to the left and with your back to the sprayer. So I jumped in the unit and when the voice guide told me to turn the the right, I didn't hear it clearly so I got sprayed on my front for 2 sprays! So I didn't get my back at all. Once it finished, I had to jump out buck naked to get the associate to reset the machine so I could get my back sprayed twice to match my front. Then when I stepped out, dripping with solution, I slipped and landed hard on my left heel. The mat wasn't where it should have been so I almost fell flat on my butt but caught myself before I could hit the floor. Turns out I actually BROKE MY HEEL! It's so embarrassing! Breaking my foot while doing a freakin' spray tan! Ya, Happy B-Day to me! I had to wear this huge cast for 8 weeks!
7. Lastly, I have a hard time coding my blog. My hubby helps out a lot because I just can't seem to understand the HTML code. So if my blog seems out of sorts its because I can't figure it out!
Now that I've shared 7 things about me, it's time to get to the blogs that I would like to nominate for the Stylish Blogger Award. After much consideration, I have chosen these wonderful blogs:
- Thrifty and Frugal by Debbie
- Lavender Cove
- Welcome to the Good Life
- Day 2 Day Living
- Stella & Dot by Lynn Danchuk
- Thrifty Mama B
- Yesterday on Tuesday
- Survey Junkie
- The Makeup Divas
- The Frugal Free Gal
- All That Glitters Girly Fashion Trends
- Posh on a Budget
- Crystal Jigsaw
- Frugal Invitation
- Adventures in Estrogen
These are all great blogs so be sure to check them out! I really hope they all accept this award from me!